Welcome to Open Arms
The foundation of Open Arms Christian Child Development Center is built on God’s love. Our goal is to provide a nurturing and safe environment for the development of children and families in our community through a loving, Christ-centered, Bible-based child care center.
You are always welcome to stop in for a tour of the facility and to meet the director and teachers.
The Open Arms program blends quality care and education. Each day children will be offered a stimulating environment with an array of developmentally appropriate learning experiences. Since young children learn best through play, activities such as Bible lessons and stories, finger plays, music, creative art, science and math exploration, and language enhancement are planned to encourage the children’s eagerness to learn, especially about their Lord’s creation.
The Open Arms Christian Child Development Center is fully licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Child Care, and is a member of the Open Arms Institute. We are fully accredited by the National Lutheran School Association.
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) is a process of self-evaluation followed by a visit of objective observers to help Lutheran schools and child care centers to improve the quality of their programs. NLSA is a rigorous accreditation process designed to evaluate schools on their unique purpose as a Lutheran educational institution. It helps school evaluate not only their academic quality, but especially the spiritual dimension of the school. The standards and report forms are based on other accrediting programs, both secular and religious. The NLSA program helps schools to improve and assures parents of a high quality educational program for their children. NLSA is an international organization and accredits approximately 2200 schools and child care centers.
Wee Learn Curriculum
We are excited about the curriculum that we have adopted at Open Arms. The Wee Learn Curriculum is a developmentally appropriate faith based curriculum that supports the various modalities through which children process information via play, exploration, creative expression and guided instruction. We will also use the State of Maryland Guidelines for Healthy Child Development and Care for Young Children as well as the Maryland Voluntary State Curriculum to ensure that your child is receiving a quality, Christian education. Information about the Wee Learn Curriculum is provided for parents at the front desk.
- Value each child as a unique and special child of God
- Provide a Christian atmosphere and curriculum
- Focus on quality educational programming
Value children’s play experience as avenues for learning and provide a developmentally appropriate environment
- All children gather for singing and prayer each morning
- Weekly chapel
- Age-appropriate Christian curriculum
- Half-day and full-day preschool
- Spanish instruction
- Lower than state-mandated child/teacher ratios
- Full time infant and toddler care
- State-of-the-art security
- Fenced outdoor play areas
- Experienced, caring staff
- Summer Program for school-age children
- Before & after school care for children ages 4 – 12 years old, transportation available
- Karate, creative dance, and Tumble Bus offered for an additional fee
- Please call 240-568-9352 for registration information or click here to email us.
- Newsletter (pdf)